Saturday 23 November 2013

Indie Author Tour ~ Chelle C. Bird ~ Just Breathe





SYNOPSIS

JUST BREATHE: Life is full of the unexpected. At times, the only thing you can do is just breathe.
For twenty-four year old Cassandra Anderson, life hasn't been easy. Haunted daily by her own demons and memories of the past, she suffers from panic-attacks and questionable anal-retentiveness. The motto she lives by is "Trust no one. Fear nothing."
Bartender Lucas Daniels comes into her life like a whirlwind. Hot enough to melt wax, he is tantalizing, sometimes overbearing, and quite possibly one of her weaknesses. Lucas, having secrets of his own, understands pain all too well.
Only time can tell what the future holds for them. Will Lucas cause Cass to question everything? Will she be drawn to him or will they end in resentment?



 
Can you tell us a little about yourself, for those who don’t know you?
Born and raised in West Virginia, I would tell stories growing up. It has always been a passion of mine. However, I thought I hated to read, that was until I found words that spoke to my soul. Once I found them, I realized that I love to read. After that it only made sense to write. People have asked me "Why would you write when you have a nursing certification, going to school for Electrical Engineering Technology, and earning a certification in telecommunications?" My answer is always the same, "Why is not the question to ask. Why not is the question I find myself asking."
I love owls they are beautiful, wise, and much like an enigma, they are hard to understand. People often do not question why an owl behaves the way it does, they accept it as one of nature's wonders. Give me a root beer in on hand and a fishing rod in the other and I'll be happy for hours. On a cozy night in you may find me watching a Pixar film or reading a good book, either option I'll definitely be wearing PJ's! I love Fraggle Rock and the movie Big Fish. However, I despise black liquorish, cilantro, roe, and the texture of frosted glass. Just thinking of the combustion of the gritty / smooth glass makes me shutter with disgust!  I've always wanted to go to see the Northern Lights in Alaska. Yet I haven't because I can't stand the cold. 
What inspired you to sit down and write and then publish your 1st book?
 I have finished my debut novel, Just Breathe, but it isn't published yet. Honestly, I'm not sure what inspired me. I just started typing on night and it's led me to where I am now. 
When can we expect Just Breathe?
 It is currently with my editor and hopefully will soon be released.
Can you tell us a little about Just Breathe?
 Life is full of the unexpected. At times, the only thing you can do is just breathe.

For twenty-four year old Cassandra Anderson, life hasn't been easy. Haunted daily by her own demons and memories of the past, she suffers from panic-attacks and questionable anal-retentiveness. The motto she lives by is "Trust no one. Fear nothing."

Bartender Lucas Daniels comes into her life like a whirlwind. Hot enough to melt wax, he is tantalizing, sometimes overbearing, and quite possibly one of her weaknesses. Lucas, having secrets of his own, understands pain all too well.

Only time can tell what the future holds for them. Will Lucas cause Cass to question everything? Will she be drawn to him or will they end in resentment?

Is this going to be part of a series or will it be a standalone?

 Part of a series :-)
How did you decide which genre to write in?

 I decided to write in my favorite genre. 
What type of research did you do? Do you enjoy doing it?

 I had to research how much time it takes a car to go from 0 to 60, among many other things. However, I can't say too much without giving away anything. :-) I can say I enjoyed most of the research, I love to learn.
How do you come up with the names of your characters and are they special to you?
I researched heritage and origin of most names I used. Of course they are special to me, I love my characters lol. However, before the book most of the names didn't pull at my heart strings too bad.
Do you listen to music while your writing/reading?

I do and I also like to have incense burning while I write.
What are you currently reading?

I am beta reading several books by indie authors :-). I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say the titles, so I'll just say they are awesome!
What was the hardest part of writing your book?
 Hands down it was the synopsis.
If you could write with another author who would it be?
     Probably Ernest Hemingway. 
Quick Fire
Favorite Author? I can't pick just one author. Seriously I can't.
Favorite Book? 
 Again, my answer is the same. I can't pick only one.

Favorite Song?
 Classical- Moonlight Sonata- Beethoven, Country- God's Gonna Cut You Down, by Johnny Cash or The Thunder Rolls by Garth Brooks Rock- either Snuff or basically anything sang by Corey Taylor
Favorite color? Green
Favorite eye color? Pale blue or green
Favorite hair color? I really don't have a favorite hair color. I guess it depends on the person.
Favorite movie? Big Fish, A Beautiful Mind, The Green Mile, or The Notebook. Also I love anything that has Liam Nesson playing main role. 
Favorite place to read/write? My house
Coffee or Tea? Both
 However, my favorite is Chai Latte.
How can readers get in touch with you and learn more about your work?
Website- I haven't set one up yet, but my e-mail is: chellecbird@yahoo.com 
Twitter- https://twitter.com/ChelleCBird
Goodreads- http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17997924-just-breathe%5D



No comments:

Post a Comment