Monday 2 September 2013

Author Interview ~ Katy Evans ~ REAL




Sypnosis:

A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?


Interview:


Hi Katy, first of all Congratulations on your book REAL.
Please can you tell us a little about yourself and your book?

Katy Evans Thank you so much for the congrats, and of course for reading. REAL, where do I start with REAL? It's a book that came straight from my heart, unfiltered and raw. I wrote nonstop for 21 days, breathing REAL, sleeping REAL, eating REAL and living REAL. What most readers experience when they pick up REAL and can't put it down? I felt the same and could not leave my keyboard, consumed with Remington, Brooke, and the cast.  It was such a special book to me that I came out changed by it, and especially by him.
 And as for me, books have been a part of me since I was twelve and I was hooked on the Wakefield sisters, and later with the popular historical romances by Johanna Lindsay, Jude Deveraux, Julie Garwood. I love reading as much as I love writing. I'm also a happily married wife, and a proud mother of two, and a dark chocolate addict.

Claire Lamb What inspired you to start writing?

Katy Evans Definitely books. Great books made me want to write with a passion, but it was a book that I didn't like which gave me the courage to sit down and try it. 

Claire Lamb Who is your favourite author?

Katy Evans I have so many favorite authors, and some which I'm happy to call my friends now! I also have a really special place for the first authors I read in romance. Julie Garwood, Judith McNaught, Linda Howard, Love them!!

Claire Lamb Why did you choose to write this type of book?

Katy Evans I am so in love with the New Adult genre! I love the fun times, the unique story lines. It's nice to venture into a genre that isn't yet completely explored. The possibilities seem endless.

Claire Lamb Had you been writing long before you decided to write REAL?

Katy Evans Yes, I’ve written all my life since I turned 15. I have tons of unfinished stories in my hard drive. I took classes, entered contests, the works! But the beauty of self-publishing is how you can write the book of your heart with no limits and expectations, and it really gives you the freedom to be true to your vision and your voice.

Claire Lamb What Book are you reading at the moment?

Katy Evans I have a lot of trouble reading while I'm also writing, so I stay away from books when I'm creating my own. But once I reach 'The End', I'll be scouring the stores and go on a hundred-book reading spree for sure!

Claire Lamb Outside of writing what do you do to relax?

Katy Evans Read, bake, go out for a walk. I love my walks. That's where I usually plot and piece all my ideas together.

Claire Lamb Describe your book in three words?

Katy Evans Hot, passionate, raw.

Claire Lamb okay nitty gritty time as we say lol

Claire Lamb Am I correct in saying you will be re-releasing REAL before MINE is released? If so why?

Katy Evans Yes! You are correct, Claire! The Real series was picked up by Gallery Books, so now Real is re-releasing in a new beautiful paperback version printed by Gallery

Claire Lamb oooooooo I need to get me one of those.

Katy Evans They are so beautiful, Claire! Shiny red letters, kind of raised, matte finish. LOVE!

Claire Lamb Who was your inspiration for Remy?

Katy Evans Him! I don’t know, he just came to me, sexy as you please.  I need to find the perfect visual of a real live Remy, but I can never truly find him. He's so unique. The day I met him in my head he was fully fleshed, just as he is in Real.

Claire Lamb If your books were made into a film which actor would you like to play Remy?

Katy Evans I have a hard time with this one. I keep wondering if the perfect film Remy isn't out there, waiting to be discovered--blue eyed, dimpled, cocky and playful but raw and primal. Possibly, though, I could see Chris Hemsworth as Remy if we darkened and spiked up his hair, added the tats, tanned him up a bit more, and a couple more tweaks. Love that man!

Claire Lamb Does Remy or Brooke remind you of anyone in your life?

Katy Evans No. They're really unique to me.

Claire Lamb Why did you choose to write about Bipolar in particular? And did you have to do research on it?

Katy Evans Mental illness is something I've had close experience with and I feel really passionate about. I also have close experience with friends who suffer BP, so a lot was from real life, and the rest was research.

Claire Lamb Bipolar is a mental health problem as we know and is sometimes classed under what’s known as invisible illness, did you intentionally want to raise awareness on this?

Katy Evans My goal was to write a love story, with real characters, human and imperfect like we all are, the underlying message in it being that we all deserve to love and be loved.

Claire Lamb I thought it was perfect and touched me due to living with someone with a personality disorder which is very similar in traits.

Katy Evans Claire Lamb I LOVE HEARING THAT. I really do. Thank you

Claire Lamb Does the Bipolar affect Remy more in MINE do we see more of his dark side?

Katy Evans Remy has bipolar so it always affects him, whether he wants it to or not, but Brooke really calms him. I can't wait for you to read the continuation of their love story!

Claire Lamb I think that was kinda what I was asking in that question wether he seemed calmer with Brooke or are we going to see someone else or something putting him down again ?

Claire Lamb Have you released any teasers for MINE yet if so where can we find them and if not can we see some pretty please lol?  lol I was begged to ask you that.

Katy Evans Claire, LOVE YOU! Haha.

Claire Lamb pmsl I did tell them to wait honest but then my inner she devil said to me she would kill me if my mind didn't get to know haha.

Katy Evans I haven’t released any teasers yet, but I promise I will soon! The only teaser I’ve released is the unedited preface at the beginning of Mine :https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=575724735795636&set=a.531273506907426.121709.521052267929550&type=1

Claire Lamb eeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Katy Evans LOL!! Love it! I actually can't wait to finish editing and share the first official teaser, but if they haven't read the preface, they'll be happy with that link!!  Haha.

Claire Lamb ohhhhh I have just melted reading that.

Katy Evans LOL! I love that! I can't wait for you to read it all! Page by page.

Claire Lamb trust me we are counting down knowing santa will be coming in november with an early present lol

Katy Evans LMAO! Claire, I'm dying. I swear. The wait is excruciating for me! Haha

Claire Lamb well you know what they say good things come to those who wait !

Claire Lamb What gave you the idea for Remy and Brooke to communicate through song? Is it a personal thing to you?

Katy Evans I love music in general and feel that it just pulls you through anything, and yet the song selection was not planned. While I wrote, I listened to all my songs in shuffle and suddenly "their" songs started jumping at me. With 'Iris' by the Goo Goo Dolls, I had to go hunt down "the" song he seemed to want to play to Brooke so badly. I searched my iPod while Remy did, and he suddenly just gave the song to me. Really, I hear it and can't believe how he did that.

Claire Lamb Was there a reason you choose to do 5 books on this series?

Katy Evans Not any particular reason, and there's always the possibility that there could be an extra book or two. For the moment I have five "ideas" in my head, which included Real, so that's what I'm planning for so far.

Claire Lamb Within the 5 books will any be from Remy’s POV?

Katy Evans Yes, the third book, REMY, is in his point of view, and I can't even explain how I love being in his head. REMY is a shorter length than the other full books, more like a novella, and it is a part retelling of Real and part present-day scenes. It's out two weeks after MINE and I can't wait to share it! 

Claire Lamb omg double dose so exciteddddddddddd

Claire Lamb Being an Indie author how did you go about getting exposure for REAL?

Katy Evans Bloggers! Readers! Thanks for reading, recommending, for loving this book like I do. Sarah Hansen, also, for giving me the perfect cover of my dreams. Without you, Real might not have even been discovered my so many who have enjoyed, I truly can't thank you enough!

Claire Lamb In your book can you relate to any of the circumstances the characters go through, are there any of your own experiences or total fiction?

Katy Evans I can relate, emotionally, to everything they go through. I can relate to every single emotion, the want, the drive, the passion, the fear, the desire, the protectiveness, the love of music, the instant connection with a stranger, as if you've known your whole life that they will change it.

Claire Lamb thats beautiful and a rare gift to meet that person.

Katy Evans I agree! It is a gift.

Claire Lamb Are the names of characters in your novel important to you?

Katy Evans Yes, of course. Names have energy so your characters’ names need to reflect that energy that is them to you. I usually read lists and lists of names until the right one grabs me and I can't even continue down the list.

Claire Lamb okay the ultimate question, If you had 24 hours with Remy, what would you do?

Katy Evans Haha. Honestly I feel like I have him all the time and for more than 24 hours! But if he were to knock on my door, all alone, I would pick up myself from the floor, stare, ask him to do a turn, stare some more...and, knowing Remington has eyes for no one but Brooke, and I adore Brooke, I would simply pull out my set of boxing gloves, give him a set, and spar with him. Then I'd die thrilled.

Claire Lamb Does your family support you with your writing?

Katy Evans Yes! Sometimes they miss me, when I'm so busy, but I can't thank them enough for understanding, supporting and loving me through it all.

Claire Lamb What is your least favourite part in the writing progress?

Katy Evans I love all aspects of writing, and I even love editing to make it shine, but the days when you've got so many things on your mind and the creative aspect won't flow, I really feel frustrated then.

Claire Lamb E reader or Paperback?

Katy Evans Paperbacks!

Claire Lamb Who does your cover Art?

Katy Evans The Gallery Books art department is working with the fabulous Sarah Hansen at Okay Creations. I love my covers!

Claire Lamb If you could pick another author to co-write with who would it be and why?

Katy Evans Christina Lauren - I just know those ladies would like to do a writing threesome one day. I volunteer. 

Claire Lamb oh yes Remy + Beautiful B (I won't swear lol) = mind numbing bliss and thats putting it politely

Katy Evans Right?! Hahah! Plus I LOVE THOSE TWO CHICKS!

Claire Lamb Do you do anything when writing? (eg. listen to music, sit on floor ect)?

Katy Evans Definitely listen to music.

Claire Lamb If you wrote a book about your life....what name would you call yourself and what 3 words would you use to describe your personality?

Katy Evans I'd call myself Katy, and I'd describe myself as fiercely passionate, stubborn, and relentless.

Claire Lamb Ok easy one top five book boyfriends?

Katy Evans Clayton Westmoreland from Whitney, My Love was my first book boyfriend and the first one I met who spanked too! I love Bennett from Beautiful Bastard, Kellan from Thoughtless, Drew from One Week Girlfriend, Simon from Wallbanger.

Claire Lamb Has there been a review that has stood out the most for you?

Katy Evans I treasure them all!

Claire Lamb Which book - by another author - are you looking forward to the most?

Katy Evans I have been buried in the cave for so long I need to find out what's releasing and read them all!

Claire Lamb Is there any traditions you do after finishing a book ?

Katy Evans  Sleep! By then I’m usually sleep deprived,

Claire Lamb okay to finish up its fun quickfire round 

Claire Lamb Vanilla or kinkery fuckery?

Katy Evans vanilla!

Claire Lamb Favourite Colour?

Katy Evans Red.

Claire Lamb Favourite Food?

Katy Evans dark chocolate

Claire Lamb Night or Day ?

Katy Evans DAY!!

Claire Lamb Favourite movie?

Katy Evans Legends of the Fall

Claire Lamb Favourite actor/actress?

Katy Evans Chris Hemsworth and Jennifer Lawrence

Claire Lamb Bed made or unmade?

Katy Evans Made, One less thing to be done

Claire Lamb Katie what can I say you have been amazing tonight, I feel honoured and priveledged to have been able to interview you

Katy Evans It's my first "live" interview, Claire! Thank you for being patient with me and I loved the questions too.

Claire Lamb Ah the questions well you have amazing fans out there including myself let me 1st just say thanks to the following people, Thanks to all the ladies who sent me questions, Heather, Gillian, Liz, Michelle, Pauline, Katie,  Emma-Louise, Lou, plus many others from the Fictional mens page group.

Katy Evans Oh, no, Claire, it is absolutely MY pleasure! I'm a fan of all Remy fans! Thanks for helping me spread the Real love too Thank you! and Thank you, Heather, Gillian, Liz, Michelle, Pauline, Katie, Emma-Louise, Lou, plus many others from the Fictional Men's page group, thank you all.

Claire Lamb Katy Remy is amazing a story so true to my heart, it's personal, mind blowing, heartfelt, passionate and a lot more and I can't wait to read MINE .

Katy Evans And thank you, Claire, this was beyond wonderful and I mean it when I tell you guys I can't WAIT to share MINE with you in November.This was awesome. And thanks to the Fictional Men's page group for having me! It's an HONOR!

Claire Lamb Your very welcome I can't wait x.

To Follow Katy:









No comments:

Post a Comment