Wednesday 7 August 2013

Lets get to know Lynetta Halat

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I don't think it was a realization per say. I just was. I've always written, but I finally decided to be an author January of last year. I realized I was capable of sitting down and writing a novel. All I had to do was stay committed.
How long does it take you to write a book? 
 
I teach full-time, so it's hard to say because I've had to go a month sometimes without writing. I'd say probably a few months, though.
 
What is your work schedule like when you're writing? Crazy! I'm a mom and wife and teacher. I literally just try carve out whatever time I can and go for it. What I get in, I get in.
 
    What would you say is your interesting writing quirk? I go back in and gestures and body language. I find the dialogue comes so easy and the other "stuff" tends to slow me down. This is why I started out writing plays!
 
      How do you plan to publish? I'm currently self-published and loving it. I have full control over my work. For instance, I wanted to write an epilogue for my readers and rerelease Every Rose, so I did.
 
   Where do you get your information or ideas for your books? My first book, Every Rose, is based on real events from my childhood. My second book, Everything I've Never Had, is inspired by a Foo Fighters' song called "Everlong". I was sitting at red light jamming to this song and thought what kind of characters would find themselves this desperate to love each other. What would drive them? I came home and wrote character sketches and an outline and a novel idea was born.
 
   When did you write your first book and how old were you? Last year and I was 36.
 
   What do you like to do when you're not writing? Read, spend time with my family and support them in all their various pursuits.
 
    What does your family think of your writing? They are so excited and super supportive of me.
 
What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books? That I could do it and that I was pretty good at it.
 
How many books have you written? Which is your favorite? One, Every Rose, so it is my favorite.
 
     Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they? Read. Write. Read. Write. Repeat--relentlessly! You cannot be a good writer if you don't read.
 
Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say? Yes! I love it so much. The most common things I've gotten are "You broke me," "How could you?" "Why?" "I've never ugly-cried like that before." "This is beyond romance--it is a true love story." "Your story is unlike any other out there."
 
   Do you like to create books for adults? Yes, Every Rose is New Adult, but Everything I've Never Had is Adult Contemporary.
 
   What do you think makes a good story? Deep, meaningful characters who have room to grow and become more.
 
  As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up? A teacher and a writer. I'm living the dream! (I did have brief aspirations of becoming an attorney, though.)
 
 
Follow Lynetta
 
Good Reads Profile http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6969980.Lynetta_Halat Good Reads Book http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17458004-every-rose Face Book https://www.facebook.com/LynettaHalatAuthor

 

Buy Links

Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Every-Rose-Lynetta-Halat/dp/1483935906/ref=la_B00BSGC5BC_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367661741&sr=1-1

Smashwords http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/289617

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment