Wednesday 17 July 2013

Who He Is by Shanora Williams – Review



Let me be honest with you – I don’t like books about rock stars – because I believe that they follow the same pattern -  girl falls in love with rock star, he breaks her heart, they split etc.  Well I have to say that this is not the case with “What He Is” – it totally blew my mind!


I devoured this book, so much so that when I had a 2 hour drive to get home, I had to turn on the “text to speech” on my kindle, because I couldn’t last 2 hours without hearing more of their story.  I couldn’t get enough of Gage and Eliza.  I then stayed up until 1.30am to make sure it was finished before I could go to sleep.


The story line is quite fast moving but set over a realistically short time span.  Their love is passionate and endearing considering what the two of them have been through in their past lives.


I can’t wait to read another of the FireNine Trilogy and can’t believe that I will have to wait until later in the year to get my Eliza and Gage fix!


I would love to hear about the other guys in the band and their back story as some of them seem very intriguing, especially Roy!


Shanora Williams’ style of writing is so witty - I laughed out loud regularly; heartbreaking – I had tears when reading some of the scenes; and I found her to be sympathetic to all the characters, not leaving them out to concentrate on the main characters.


I will definitely be reading some more of her books!


I would give this book 5 stars because I enjoyed it so immensely.


Enjoy!







Who we are is the second book in the FireNine series, I haven't read book one so i'm not familiar with the characters or their backgrounds but I loved this book, I will definitely be reading book one as soon as I can. The story of Gage and Eliza is such an emotional roller-coaster that you don't know how to feel from one minute to the next. I spent half the book being pissed at Gage and the other half rooting for him because everything he did, he did it for the people he loved, he sacrificed his own happiness for his family, such an amazing gesture. This book is intense and nerve-wracking it brought tears to my eyes more than once and it was such a sad but beautiful story. It really didn't matter that I hadn't read book one i still managed to fall in love with all the characters! ... The sex scenes are steamy too. Totally have to give this a 5 star rating! any book that makes me cry deserves 5 stars  


No comments:

Post a Comment