Monday 22 April 2013

Birthday Bash Interview- Marissa Carmel

We are so excited to have the opportunity of interviewing the lovely Marissa Carmel Thank you for joining us

I’m so excited for you to have me! Thank you again! 

What/who inspired you to start writing?
My mom. She is crazy creative and I think she instilled the love of writing in me at a young age. 

What is your favorite part of your book?
Do I only get to pick one? The fight scenes, the snarky dialogue and the romance. 

When naming your characters, do you give any thought to the actual meaning? Sometimes. Justice is very significant. But you’ll have to read iFeel to find out why 
Would you ever write a different genre?
I really like contemporary romance, so I think I would stay with that, but I do a have a project in the works that’s not paranormal and I’m really excited about it. It’s called Vocals, about a boy who won’t speak and a girl who won’t sing, but are both musically talented. 

What advice would you give inspiring writers?
  Make sure it feels right. 

What made you come up with your book titles?
iFeel because the main character is an empath, she can feel the emotions of those around her. Gravitational Pull because of the draw Liv and Justice have to each other. It’s very hot and yet at the same time romantic and intense. 

Who is your favorite character from your books and why? Definitely Liv, she’s strong even though she has had a lifetime of tribulations, she has cool powers and a super hot angel as a boyfriend. Who wouldn’t want to be her? 

If you could work with any fellow author who would it be and why? Emily Walker, she’s cool, has great ideas and we have very similar writing styles. I think if we collaborated on something it might be really good. 

Who are your top five authors?
There are too many to name just five! Jonathan Swift is at the top of my list, I love satires and he did it best.

No comments:

Post a Comment