Tuesday 2 April 2013

AC Marchman Interview

A
C Marchman, Author of  Overwhelm Me, book one in the Callahan series. Book two of the Callahan series, Stay with  me, is due out in 2013
We are extermely honored to have A C Marchman here with us for a interview.

Hello A C Marchman, thank you for giving us the honor to interview you. We are so excited to be doing this  We love the Callahan series and cannot wait to find out what happens next . 



 We will be nice and start with some easy questions. Thanks for having the time to interview me!


What do you think is the key to writing? Well, my key to writing is to never give up.  Evem when you are reading your own stuff and you think it's crap, don't give up.  If you have a story to tell, just keep writing and let nothing stop you.


If there was one thing you would say to others about to start there journey what would it be? Grow a thick skin!  The writing business can be pretty hectic and can take its toll on you.  Bad reviews hurt, but you just have to shrug it off and move on.  I've learned for every bad review, there is way more great reviews to compensate.  And when you begin your writing journey, embrace the Indie author culture!  We are all here for each other and we support one another, and to some, that's all the support they have.

Who is your role model? My mother.  She's such a strong woman and has endured some crappy circumstances, but she always tries to keep a smile on her face.  She's taught me everything and tried to raise me to be everything that I am capable of.  I don't know what I would do without her.


What do you think makes a good story? I think a good story should consist of a couple of things.  One, a strong storyline.  Can't have a story without a storyline.  Two, character depth and description.  People want to be able to picture who they are reading about.  And three, it has to be able to hold my attention for a least the first chapter.  If not, I'm putting it down and that's not a good thing.


Have you ever consider writing a autobiography?  Haha, no.  My life is too boring to be able to write a whole book about it.  But I would probably (and have) use some of my own life experiences to create a story.

Would you consider writing anything other than romance books?  I would love to write a murder mystery.  I'm a big fan of James Patterson and Tess Gerritsen.  I would also like to try paranormal, like Michelle Valentine did.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?I love spending time with my kids (they are my entire world), I love reading, and what woman doesn't like shoe shopping? :)

What made you come up with the book titles?   You know, I just started writing and the title just came to me.  I didn't have one in mind when I wrote that first sentence.  Once I started into more into Allie and Donovan's backgrounds and seeing how overwhelming it could be for the both of them, that's when it hit me


Your Second book stay with me is due out in 2013 What inspired you to step out and write a book and release it? Well, my good friend JB McGee helped inspire me.  She's a regular person, just like I am, and she wrote her first book.  I thought, "Well, she did it, maybe I can, too" and so I just went for it.  We both had a story to tell the world.

If you had to choice a song to some up stay with me what would it be? Oh, wow.  I have a whole playlist, but if one song had to sum it up, I would say Trying not to Love you by Nickelback

 
what is your favorite line from Overwhelm me? 
Hmm, thats a good question.  I would have to say when Donovan says to Allie after she tells him about her big secret "Trust me, I will never judge you on your past."  I think more people should think that way about others.
Simple question section

Who are your top 10 Authors?  Okay, this is in NO kind of order:  Katie Ashley, Michelle Valentine, JB McGee, Michelle Leighton, Tess Gerritsen, James Patterson,  Kelli Maine, Kelsie Leverich, Emily Snow


If you had to name your top 10 books what would they be?​ Again, in no kind of order:  The Valentine Arrangement-Kelsie Leverich,  Rock the Heart-Michelle Valentine,  The Proposition-Katie Ashley, Conspiring-JB McGee, Down to You-Michelle Leighton, The Hunger Games Triology, Tidal-Emily Snow,  Alone Came a Spider-James Patterson, and Harvest-Tess Gerritsen

Favourite colour? Blue!!

Thank you so much for taking part in this interview, we can not wait till later in the year for your new book.  
 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment